Thursday, November 6, 2008

Sad Day

The time has finally come, I'm parting ways with a bike I have loved and abused since 2004. This bike has seen some retarded (at least by my standards) lines and has never flinched in fear.

I've wrecked this rig on 18 inch drops and 12 foot by 10 foot gaps. That was always the riders fault.

I've also sent some 15 foot gaps and 10 foot drops in fine style on this rig. Those moments were all the bikes good graces.


Little gap in Whistler...



Beauty drop in Whistler...


A slightly tricky rock face, look at that technique,
shoulders and head pointed where I want to go.....



North Shore




Resting.......



Life circumstances have removed this style of riding from my current opportunities, maybe some time in the future I can have back at it again. The bike has a new owner and I think he will treat it well, I know it will treat him well.

I will miss this bike, I hope it misses me too.

-JK

3 comments:

the original big ring said...

Rest In Peace

Peter M said...

A fitting tribute. JK, you'll have to take us out for downhilling lessons next summer.

Kark said...

wah.. I've seen several photos of that rock face roll on the shore, but none of those other photos showed just exactly how stupid-steep it is.

Godddamn, that must look totally mental as you crest the lip of the bridge.

Pity to part with a ride thats held you in good stead but at least you didn't hang onto it until it had depreciated into nothingness..