Chris Eatough - 6 time 24 hour World Champion and winner of the inaugural BC Bike RaceI know that we're not on the "World Race" radar for outstanding riders . . . . but come on, names like Curvy Butt, big ring, the Vegan Vagabond, Phat Tony, and Dr Peter M should be striking fear and a urgent sense of impending doom in the hearts of organizers and racers alike. Organizers will now have to stay up that much later waiting for us to cross the line each day and racers will have to put up with our belly-aching throughout.
- Team Trek, partner Jeff Schalk
Tinker Juarez - Current 24 hour World Champion and mountain bike legend
- Team Monavie-Cannondale, partner Mitchell Peterson
Seamus McGrath - Canadian Olympic Team Member 2004, Training for Beijing 2008
- Team Felt, Team Canada, partner Chris Shepherd - long time Canadian National Team Member
Max Plaxton - 2006 Bronze Medal World Championships Espoir, 2 time World Champion Relay, Pan American Champion Espoir
- Team Rocky Mountain Bikes, partner Andreas Hestler
They did seem to have left the following off their press release:
Curvy Butt (a.k.a. Kark) -Canadian Special Olympic Team Member (cross legged sitting marathoner - demonstration sport) 1996 - 99, 3 x Trans Ass Champion, 4 x Canadian Title Holder for the Curviest ButtI'm contacting the BC Bike Race organizers to ask them to up-date their press release.
- Team Big Ring Racing, partner the original big ring
big ring - most weight dropped in his winter spin class (2007 - 08), Winner of La Grumpy de los Arsehole (2004), mountain bike legend in his own mind
- Team Big Ring Racing, partner Curvy Butt
The Vegan Vagabon - 3 x Canadian National Vegan Cook-off champ, fastest big ringer to cross Canada 2007, sheer-er of fork dropouts
-Big Ring Racing featuring Fresh Air Experience and Joe Mamma, partner Kari "Iron Woman-I'll Kick-Your-Ass"
Kari "Iron Woman-I'll Kick-Your-Ass" - Iron Woman Arizona finisher 2008, likes to strike people with vengeful fists of fury while swimming in large, schools-of-fish-like situations
- Big Ring Racing featuring Fresh Air Experience and Joe Mamma, partner The Vegan Vagabond
Phat Tony - maker of many babies, 2x Putter-Upper Champion of Dr Peter M 2004 - 08, Tallest Member of Big Ring Racing
- Big Ring Racing Ripped Ninja Squad, partner Dr Peter M
Dr Peter M - Ottawa Champion Winter Commuter 2006-08, wearer of Spider Man pajamas, 3x Canadian Team Member of Scientists Suffering from Grandeur & Delusion (shhhh . . . . he thinks he's ripped)
- Big Ring Racing Ripped Ninja Squad, partner Phat Tony