Sunday, December 9, 2007

Big Pole Racing

A beautiful day to get out on the skate skis again. My 3rd time already this year, 5th time on my new skis, and 7th time in my life. This is a good workout if you don't know what you're doing. Craig and I started by lining up to get our season passes, which drove us to the brink of madness, then headed off to P8. Getting to the base of the Fortune Parkway gave me enough time to once again re-learn how to ski. We floated gently up hill, stopping on occassion to discuss deep philosophical issues and ponder our places in the universe. Craig was kind enough to monitor when I was hurting and pretend to be slightly out of breath himself as well so that I could stop without feeling too feeble. We turned around at Koegan, practicing our one-ski much of the way back down. No sign of the snow angel I met out while skiing with Dom the other day, leading me to believe that she only shows up when you are truly on the verge of cardiac arrest.

Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

the original big ring said...

on the verge of cardiac arrest???

. . . why didn't I see her????

LennyG said...

That's a nice look for you Craig... why don't I ever see that when we ride together?