Tuesday, April 6, 2010

New Baby

My darling wife surprised me out of the blue with this on Thursday:



That's right, a brand new Cervelo R3 with full Dura-Ace components. Weighs in at just over 16lbs I think.

Took out it for a spin in the park on Friday where I ran into Craig on his way out. Gorgeous bike, can't say enough about it.

Saw Mark while I was out for a run on Sunday, then Anthony mountain biking on Sunday. To top it all off I ran into Tanya on my ride home from work on Monday. Looks like the Big Ringers have thawed for the season.

Sweet.

P

3 comments:

The Vegan Vagabond said...

Beautiful! You have the best wife ever.
Hope to see you soon, more than just a ride-by.

Papa G said...

Sweet ride Peter. Having tested an R3 for a few days, I can attest to how nice it rides. Now, if only other Big Ring wives would follow this precedent!

Matt Surch said...

Congratulations Peter! Pascal told me the story last night. I think this was a beautiful thing your wife did. This is one of the few carbon bikes I'd like to own. I think it is going to serve you very well, especially with some dreamy 27s or 28s! Hope to see it in action soon! Speaking of which, we're doing a Roubaix pre-ride on Sunday at 10 from the Arena, so you and the rest of the Ringers are invited to join.