Friday, November 14, 2008

Gatineau Loop for the Soul

I had one of those weeks where nothing went right. You know what I'm talking about, you've all had them, where you lock your keys in the car, spill your soy milk and you let one in on the short side...well, that was my week and more. But not to worry friends, its nothing a Gat Loop can't cure. Who needs chicken soup when you can get your therapy on two wheels?

Today was 12C and kinda sunny so I skipped that whole work thing, I'll do that tomorrow when its raining, and headed to the hills. Had one of the best rides of the fall and it was all by myself. Well, not all by myself...I had my new partner in crime, Blue, with me.

Who's Blue you ask? Nope, not my mood. My new-to-me Blue RC4 full carbon race machine. Yeah, yeah I know what you're thinking. Vagabond, what do you need with a road bike that swishy? Good question. Maybe I'll grow into it. Maybe I'll even do the Mock and real Grand Prix next year. Its a lot of bike for a non-road racer like me but its comfy, light and responsive and I'll bet it climbs up the hills really fast for um, riders who climb up the hills really fast...

Anyway did I mention its dead sexy? Its almost as pretty as BR's Desalvo or Gilles' Mamasita.

You want the deets? Okay, its full carbon with syrium wheels, scram force 2008, ultegra cranks and a thompson seatpost and stem coming in at a whopping 17lbs. It even came with a carbon bottle cage which I thought was a nice touch.

Too bad I'm only going to get to ride it a few times before the snow falls...is it spring yet??

4 comments:

the original big ring said...

Ding, dang, dong I love that bike!

I had a pd day today and was very tempted to get out there. You should have called and twisted my rubber arm.

Whoot!

LennyG said...

WOW, that is beeeee uuuuuuu tiful.
I'm dig'n the little Kenda sticker on the seat stays too, you make our sponsors proud!

Golonghardman said...

17lbs! I dropped more than that last Feb through April from my waist line!.....What!? It was a good christmas!

SE-CK-SEE!

Monilee said...

Very sexy indeed. I beleive i just drooled on my keyboard :) Can't wait to see the race results next year ...